Ring in the New Year with one of our favourite New Year’s Eve Hairstyles. From to classic waves and crown braids for the ladies to slicked back looks for the gent’s, we have compiled a list of our favourite looks for a great night out!
NEW YEAR’S EVE HAIRSTYLES: MOVIE STAR WAVES
This glam classic look never goes out of style. Side part your hair and use a large barrelled curling iron to curl the hair away from the face! Secure the curls with Redken Quick Tease hair spray.
NEW YEAR’S EVE HAIRSTYLES: SIDE SWEPT MESSY BUN
Create a side swept messy bun by side parting your hair and sweeping the hair into a low ponytail to the side of your head. Twist the hair to create a bun and add that messy texture to the bun by loosely pinning bits of the ponytail to create the desired look. Side sweep a section of hair across the front of face to frame it and add a finishing touch to this New Year’s Eve Hairstyle.
Add a touch of sparkle to this look by sprinkling glitter in the parting you created! Spray Redken Quick Tease hair spray onto the parting at the same time as sprinkling glitter to secure your sparkle for the evening!
NEW YEAR’S EVE HAIRSTYLES: BRAIDED HEAD BAND
We love a crown braid and it is easier than you think to create!
- Brush through the hair
- Apply Redken Braid Aid to help you easily grip and create your braids
- Create a middle parting using a fine-toothed comb and separate the hair into two sections
- Start braiding each section from the ear down. Braid as low as you can go and secure the braid with a thin elastic
- Tug at each braid, pulling it out slightly, to create volume! Spray Redken Quick Tease finishing spray on each braid
- Turn each braid up and take it over to the other side and secure with pins. Wrap the braids over each other and tug at each braid again to create volume
- If you aren’t able to cover the elastics with your hair, remove them this point as the hair will be secured with bobby pins – bobby pins are your best friend for this look
- Take out small bits of hair from the front of the head to frame your face to finish off this New Year’s Eve Hairstyle!
NEW YEAR’S EVE HAIRSTYLES: BUBBLE PONYTAIL
Spice things up this year with a fun look! From Blake Lively to Kendall Jenner, we have seen celebs experiment with this hairstyle on the red carpet.
The dirtier the hair the better you can pull off this playful look. Start by pulling the top half of your hair around the crown into a ponytail. Wrap a strand of hair around the elastic you secured the ponytail with, so it remains hidden. Take the ponytail you have created and the rest of your hair and pull all the hair into another ponytail at the nape of your neck. Wrap hair around the second elastic to hide it from view again – you will need to do this all the way down!
Between the two elastics, you need to tug at the hair and pull it out to create a bubble! It may be easier to tease the hair before creating each ponytail to create additional volume for each bubble. Create bubbles all the way down your hair to complete this look!
NEW YEAR’S EVE HAIRSTYLES: THE VOLUMIONOUS TOP
Got hair with some length? Pull it back and wear it with volume!
Book a gent’s haircut with Will at Live True London Putney, and have him closely trim your sides and style your top for your New Year’s Eve Hairstyle.
NEW YEAR’S EVE HAIRSTYLES: THE PARTING
Whether it is a side or middle parting, this gent’s hairstyle has become extremely popular!
Grab your fine-toothed comb and create your desired parting! Let your hair fall naturally and wear it as it is or add Redken Velvet Gelatine and style for a super slicked look to accompany your tux!